- Julia Maclean – Practice Manager
The Practice Manager, Julia Maclean, is involved in managing all of the business aspects of the practice such as making sure that the right systems are in place to provide a high quality of patient care, human resources, finance, patient safety, premises and equipment and information technology.
The Practice Manager supports the GPs and other medical professionals with delivering patient services and also helps to develop extended services to enhance patient care.
- Sam Warman – Assistant Practice Manager
The Assistant practice manager, Sam Warman supports the practice manager in the day to day running of the practice. She leads the reception and secretarial teams and also manages the complaint and feedback process.
- The Administration Team support the GPs and nurses in maintaining high standards of medical care for all our patients. They deal with the administration involved with monitoring patients with long term conditions, including sending out annual review invitation letters. They also work alongside national programmes for screening, such as for NHS Health Checks, mammography, smears and bowel cancer. The Admin team work with the GP’s to develop and improve clinical services through audit and performance monitoring and help with the introduction of new health-care initiatives and services within the practice. They also process registrations for new patients and the transfer of their medical records from the previous practice.
- Liam Hanafin-Smith – IT Systems and Communications Administrator
Manages the efficient operation of the organization’s computer and network systems. In this capacity, he is responsible for the development and deployment of software and hardware installations across all five sites. As the lead for all IT and telephone-related matters, Liam collaborates with external companies, managing the setup and maintenance of hardware and third-party software. Furthermore, he actively assists patients with inquiries and problem-solving related to Patient Access.
Patient Care Team
- Sam Skuse – Clinical Rota & Patient Care Team Coordinator
Sam Skuse manages the Patient Care Team under the Assistant Practice Manager. She also takes the lead role in screen maintenance at the practice.
Members of the Patient Care Team
Patient Care Advisers provide an important link for patients with the practice and are your initial contact point for general enquiries. They can provide basic information on services and results and direct you to the right person depending on your health issue or query. Patient Care Advisers make most of the patient appointments with the GPs and nurses. They also perform other important tasks such as issuing repeat prescriptions and dealing with prescription enquiries, dealing with financial claims, dealing with patient records and carrying out searches and practice audits.
- The Secretarial Team is made up of experienced Medical Secretaries who all work part-time. They deal with all patient referrals, both NHS and private along with all the associated administration relating to hospital communications and patient related correspondence.Within the team we have dedicated scanners who scan correspondence into our medical system.Non-NHS Insurance Reports are also covered within the team.